Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I have not felt good for the last three days/nights.  Lack of sleep and pain register off the chart has taken away my desire to create.  However, while looking at the blogs I follow this morning, I came across today's post over on Zibeline Knits I was reading her WIP Wednesday post and was inspired to get my camera and take a picture of what I have been working on for several days in anticipation of cooler weather coming.

I am not a coat wearing person so I usually wear a large comfy sweat shirt jacket or a thin sweater.  However, last winter I was at a cute little yarn shop across town and found the Women's Poncho #246 pattern and some yarns to blend together and have been working on this shawl.  Hopefully I will have it ready by Thanksgiving which is when I will finally be cool enough to wear something besides long sleeves.  I can remember before middle age visited me I was bundled up in layers and layers just to be semi-comfortable.  Now, just long sleeves and I am good.




3 comments:

  1. Hi! Brenda sent me over to welcome you. It's always wonderful to meet someone who shares my interests in cooking and quilting. I'm just starting to knit and crochet and love it too. I am also a Mac owner and will not own a pc ever again. There are times when I have trouble sleeping too and when that happens, visiting blogs is a most pleasant way to spend the wee hours. I'm your newest follower and will stop back to visit often. Come by and see me too when you have a chance!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just "introduced" to you by Brenda. I found so many great blogs thanks to her. I look forward to spending more time with you. I, too, turn to my blogging "friends" when I can't sleep. Sometimes it's better than sleep!! I'm not a quilter. I am a lover of quilts and have two amazing quilter friends who supply me lovingly and nicely.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello & Welcome to W.I.P. Wednesday! I'm adding you to the official W.I.P. List right now, just be sure to snag yourself a logo & link back to the W.I.P. main page.
    I do hope you're sleeping a little better. I've had bouts of insomnia & they were no fun at all. Can't wait to see what the poncho looks like finished up!

    ReplyDelete