Thursday, September 2, 2010

Coupons and savings...Can anyone help me out there to learn this magic?

I have done very well with getting back into the organized way of life that I always loved so much. I have done alot of reading on other blogs and websites, checked out books at the library and browsed through books at Barnes and Noble and have also started a Household Notebook that is coming in very handy.  It makes so much sense to watch every penny that we have, live on a budget, look for creative and delicious recipes and anything else I can do to manage our home more economically.

Over and over I keep reading about saving dollars with coupons but having never really been one to use them I really do not know where to start.  I have paid careful attention to the other shoppers for the last two weeks that are standing there going through stacks or wallets of coupons.

I have a question - who out there can lead me to a place that will help me learn this art of collecting and using coupons?  I am honest enough to admit that I see this is bigger than me and I will need some help.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!! I am your newest follower! Hope you will swing by and visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com. I wish I could help via my blog, but we are still in the process of formatting and awaiting our blog design.. however, I can probably give you a few tips!

    There are tons of places that post deals and coupon match ups.. they basically do the work for you! It might help to narrow down a particular store that you could see yourself shopping at.. for good deals I recommend Target, Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens! There are oodles of blogs out there! I would start out by checking out www.hip2save.com. She has one of the absolute best deal/coupons shopping sites around.. there isn't much of anything that she doesn't cover there including basics! If you have any specific questions, you can totally message me at info@justmarriedwithcoupons.com and hopefully when our site gets its groove on, it can be of more help!

    The best formula for using coupons is matching them with a sale.. not just using them "whenever". I always say.. a coupon is only as good as a sale and a sale is only as good as the coupon!!

    Best of luck to you! Its very possible to get dirty cheap products and groceries with some patience and planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me at www.bargainmom.net. I am following back!

    ReplyDelete