Friday, September 3, 2010

Almost finished with Self-Striping Knitted Socks

I am knitting a pair of self striping socks on size 2 dpn (double pointed needles).  They have actually been very fun to do and the pattern was free!  It can be found here and I am using the Red Heart "Heart & Sole" No. 3965 Razzle Dazzle yarn.  Although it is rated as Intermediate skill, I found it to be very easy and comfortable - especially with this being the first time I have used dpn's.  Knit on! as Vickie Howell of Knitty Gritty always says!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, cute socks! You're very talented :-)

    I'm a new follower from The Frugal Free Gal's blog hop. If you get a chance, check out my blog.

    http://wannabestylishcook@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes - very inspired here..... I've been looking at dpn's and wondering if I have the courage to knit socks.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! How long has it taken you (using size 2 needles)?! I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have about 4 hours in them so far - if I was able to just concentrate on them, it would take me about 8 - 10 hours straight to make a pair. My problem is that I have them in my tote bag that I carry with me to my Dr appts so I forget about them once I get home LOL. My goal is to finish them this week while watching some good movies on Netflix curled up on the lounge on the front porch (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete