Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rip It, Frog It - no matter how you say it I still want to cry

My lovely poncho I have been working on and told you about.  My beautiful poncho I planned on wearing soon to stand between me and the chill that is coming.  My amazing poncho I recently shared
with you when I discovered I have been missing 4 key stitches on it for oh maybe 50 rows!

Well here is a picture of my lovely, beautiful, amazing poncho in the process of being Frogged, Ripped or however we knitters want to term it.  In short, here it is with hours of work ripped out.  


And oh yes, I felt a slight chill in the air this morning while I was having my coffee on the front deck.  What is going to stand between me and the forthcoming chill???  Several balls of yarn?  With curls in it from being knitted and ripped out?


 Stay tuned and send me good thoughts that I stick with this project and it does not end up in the UFO cabinet in my studio.  I would love to wear it this winter and for winters to come.

7 comments:

  1. Hello dear,
    its been really sweet of you to visit me,
    hope you are having good times ,this weekend.
    i lookfqrward to be friends for long.
    hugs
    rachana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Found you on a blog ho. I'm so sorry about your poncho! I'm just learning how to knit and it's frustrating as it is, I don't even know what I would do if I had to take apart my whole project!

    I'm following now, hope you'll take a second to check out my blog!

    Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I'm only an occasional knitter! I'm fine as long as nothing goes wrong. When it does, I'm lost. Years ago, I knit myself a beautiful sweater only to have it not fit over my head when I finished!! I hope you'll continue because it is a lovely color!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your project. I hate having to rip out, too. Makes me so much less inclined to start over or even work on a darned thing. My yellow version of my Swing top-down cardi is in that boat right now. I knit the whole yoke, not realizing that I was missing an entire sleeve, and had to rip it down to the collar--at least three weeks of work in the toilet! Now it just sits there, partially knit back up, in time out. Maybe take a break and work on something else, like a pair of socks or a scarf, as a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry! I know that must hurt. I hate having to start over on a project.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Stick it out girl! I want you to teach me how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is why I don't knit myself!!! I admire the work of others, but I'd probably make too many boo boos! Hope you're on the path to success right now with your project, dear!

    ReplyDelete