Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Where has the time gone?

I have spent almost no time on the internet since my last post.  I have been on a mission that finally came to light last Sunday - the shower for my dear niece and her soon to be born sweet baby girl.

I decided to see just how far out of my comfort zone or box I could step and see what I was able to teach myself on my Babylock Esante sewing/embroidery machine and my new Babylock Imagine serger.  It was so fun going through the manuals and trying out only a fraction of what these amazing machines are capable of producing!

I made a cute quilt - started piecing the top my hand and finished it on the machine, added the binding and then hand quilted it.

Then I decided to really test my comfort zone and made a Christening Gown, slip, bonnet and matching blanket with her name embroidered on it.

Then I wanted to make double sided bibs with a cute embroidery on one of the sides - I made two newborn size ones.

Then so the cute little mommy would not be left out I made her a small shoulder strap bag that would hold her smart phone and iPod with a pocket for her license, debit card and cash.

As much as I missed being on my blog, it was amazing to see what I was able to believe in myself to do.  From time to time I admit I would start having DT's so I would pop in on your blogs to see what you had been up too.

Oh yeah, I also took advantage of a great sale at one of my local fabric stores and bought a new dress form and am back in the process of making my own clothes again now that I have a serger!  I used to make all my work clothes and most all the kids play clothes but the insides were a mess.  This serger gives it such a clean finished look!

I will post pics of her shower gifts shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment